Saturday, November 16, 2013

Cory Lurch

Hi bloggy friends...
I am going up to the soap box this morning.  It is a bit dusty, and I have had so much coffee that I can hardly type--lol...I really should not do that, but Pumpkin spice creamer is such a wonderful accessory to coffee that I can hardly resist.
Okay...over to my podium! :)
There is a trend among my fellow middle class working ladies to buy items of a certain brand that rhymes with my title.
There is a site that I call TJMixx for rich people called RueLaLa and these two collided this morning.
Everyone's favorite {designer} has a {boutique} on the Rue and the stuff is...well, it ain't cheap!
When I see my fellow over-worked under-paid moms wearing items that are fairly bland but bear the golden logo of this very smart lady I wonder what in the world about this brand so brainwashes these people?
The stuff is way over-priced, and for the most part, it not that great.
I mean it is very white bread, {safe}, bland{ish} fashion.
If I want that I can go to the actual TJ maxx and get a belt for oh..20 bucks.
And so can anyone else.
It really makes me wonder...why do people buy this stuff?
Also: When I see NC teacher folks wearing it:  Does she have a trust fund somewhere?

*Disclaimer* I do have some cory lurch jeans b/c they were on killer sale at nordstrom rack and they were flare leg jeans
**Other disclaimer...I really don't care if people want to wear this so much--i mean we can all wear and spend on what we like

Also Cory Lurch is a very smart woman!  She has managed to rope in an entire population of middle class (under paid, in debt) white ladies and make us truly believe we need to buy her clothes that cost oh 10 times what we could {actually afford}. Way to go Cory!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Hey!
I am clueless about this {fad} - which makes me laugh about why I didn't stick in the modeling world! LOL - I don't care enough about fashion! I enjoy it, but I definitely don't spend on particular brands... (unless it's a steve jobs product and then, yes, yes I do)
I can't even picture any "Cory" clothing.
Oh well.
Maxxinistas rock ;-)

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...